Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sethiSiddhant
Contributor
Contributor

Finding Rank from Selected Dimensions in a multi-dimensions Straight Table

Hi all, 

I am relatively new to Qlik Sense. So forgive me if this question was not worth the post however, I have been struggling for quite a days now and still not able to find the solution of it. 

I can not post the qvm file as the data I am working is confidential. Hence, if I can get a way only and not the actual solution I will still be golden. 

Following is the scenario. 

I have a straight table that is made from a combination of two tables. Let it be table A and table B. As you may have already guessed, they are connected by some common column between then which is EventDateTime, ProductFamily and FISProcessName. 

Now I have calculated PPM which is calculated from the combination of two i.e Qty from table A and total tested from Table B.  I have put that as PPM in my straight table.

Following is the formula of it.

total(Qty/sum(distinct total <[EventDateTime.autoCalendar.Date],FamilyName,FISProcessName>TotalTested)*1000000). 

Now my problem is based on PPM I want to  put a rank column based on EventDateTime and FamilyName and PPM. So late I can then do data handling etc  for further operations. 

Somehow, I found out  rank(total(Qty/sum(distinct total <[EventDateTime.autoCalendar.Date],FamilyName,FISProcessName>TotalTested)*1000000)) works but it is dynamic in nature. That means changing from selection to selection. Which is not what I want. I want a static ranking based on EventDateTime.autoCalendar.Date],FamilyName. 

Can someone please tell me what should I do to achieve my desired result.

Labels (3)
0 Replies