Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tejas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Fiscal Year Calculation in KPI

Hi all,

I am new to Qlik Sense. I have a data set where I have transactions and fiscal years like 2016-2017, 2017-2018 etc...and each transaction is having a date. And my fiscal year starts with April and ends with March. So What I want to show in Qlik Sense is, if I select a year in filter as 2017-2018 then It should show me the Quantity of April 2017- March 2018 in one KPI and Quantity of Previous year that is  April 2016- March 2017 in other KPI as Previous Year. So how can i approach this? I have used sum(QTY) in 1st KPI but how about Previous Year's KPI ? How to write set analysis expression for that ? My fields are Financial Year, QTY which I want show in the end. So Basically I need two KPI's- one for Current Selected Year and One for Previous Year as selected in filter. Note that I have 2016-2017, 2017-2018 values as my Financial Year field not like 2016, 2017....Thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Assuming you want to calculate SUM(Amount) and have a date field called [Date] then try something like this.

This fiscal year

Sum({<FiscYear=, [Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), 0,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), 0,4)) "} >} Amount) 

Previous f year

Sum({< FiscYear=, [Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), - 1,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), - 1,4)) "} >} Amount) 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Assuming you want to calculate SUM(Amount) and have a date field called [Date] then try something like this.

This fiscal year

Sum({<FiscYear=, [Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), 0,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), 0,4)) "} >} Amount) 

Previous f year

Sum({< FiscYear=, [Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), - 1,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), - 1,4)) "} >} Amount) 

Tejas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot Vegar, it is working. 

Tejas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar, in addition to yesterday's post I have one more filter as month. It is showing the specific values particularly present in that month. But somehow if i am selecting July month then it is showing me April month's values. It is showing me the month values as(selected month-3). I haven't changed any format or expressions to get this output. Attaching some photos of it if that can help. ThanksWhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 5.12.54 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 9.37.41 AM.jpeg

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It's hard to pinpoint by the images you posted, but my best guess is that it has to do with your fiscal month. I notice that April is sorted first and I assume it got the numeric numeric value of one, July would then be four which would be equivalent to April in a normal calendar year.

What do you think about my theory? Is this pointing you into a solving direction?

Tejas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I got your point. How should I change it then? Because I haven't done the Fiscal Month calculation anywhere just tried FirstMonthOfTheYear=4 in our main script. I am attaching some photos of main and auto generated scripts, so you can get a better idea of it. Thanks for your quick response and looking forward to get an answer from you. ThanksWhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 5.30.58 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 5.30.58 PM.jpegFIrstMonthOfYear=4FIrstMonthOfYear=4

Kenji_Masicat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Vegar,

I tried your formula for FY  Sum({< FiscYear=, [Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), - 1,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), - 1,4)) "} >} Amount) 

but got the result of Jan22.

Can you share inputs please? Thanks a lot.

Kenji

Vegar
MVP
MVP

do you make any master calendar selections other than FiscYear and Date? Eg [Month] and [Week]. If so then you would need to clear them out with additional modifiers  like this:

Sum({< FiscYear=, Month=, Week=,[Date] = {">$(=yearstart(max([Date]), - 1,4)) <$(=yearend(max([Date]), - 1,4)) "} >} Amount)