Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vittore8
Creator
Creator

Fractile, how can I check the calculation of the indicator of this function?

Hello everyone, please tell me how to check the calculation of the indicator of this function -- Fractile()

Vittore8_0-1638460907386.png

Fractile(Value,.50) -- at the script level, I used a function, please tell me how to check the value manually (on a calculator)

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Why would you try to check fractiles on a calculator? On a standard calculator you probably won't be able to do it anyway, but even if you could... why do that when you already have a working Fractile() function (which in this case could be replaced with Median() since you're looking for the 0.5 fractile)?

Vittore8
Creator
Creator
Author

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/What-exactly-a-Fractile-function-does/td-p/593227
-- in this post there is a formula for how the algorithm works,

but I don't really understand this part

So, if i use the function Fractile(Value, 0.75), it does the following calculation.

(n+1) x 0.75 = 7 x 0.75 = 5.25

As, the decimal value is less than .45, 5.25 considers 5th ('y') value (when the values are arranged ascending order), that is 10.1.

Or
MVP
MVP

From the documentation: "The function returns the value corresponding to the rank as defined by rank = fraction * (N-1) + 1 where N is the number of values in expr. If rank is a non-integer number, an interpolation is made between the two closest values."

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/St...

(This also has a sample dataset you can use and the expected results)

You can find plenty of information online about what fractiles are and how they're calculated, so you don't need to depend on Qlik's function description for it, either.