Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamey_copeland
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

General Reference to X Axis Dimension

Hello,

I am creating a reference line on a scatter chart where the x axis is set by a drop down from the variable extension. I would like to change the reference line expression depending on the axis value.

So far I have tried something like this:

Median(Aggr(Sum({$<BookFscYearStr = {'2017'}, FiscalQuarter = {'Q1'}>}NETSALESAMTUSD), If(vVariableSelector = 1, Region,Platform))

The expression doesnt seem to like the If Statement in the Aggr function.

I was thinking that if there was a generic way to refer to the x dimension than this wouldnt be an issue.

Something like:

Median(Aggr(Sum({$<BookFscYearStr = {'2017'}, FiscalQuarter = {'Q1'}>}NETSALESAMTUSD), x.dim)

However I havent found a way to generically refer to the x dimension.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

How do you change your dimension? If the variable decides which dimension to use, then this could work

Median(Aggr(Sum({$<BookFscYearStr = {'2017'}, FiscalQuarter = {'Q1'}>}NETSALESAMTUSD), $(=If(vVariableSelector = 1, 'Region', 'Platform')))

jamey_copeland
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hello,

Unfortunately this still isnt working. I have verified that by putting the variable in a text area that the values are changing from 1 to 2, but I dont think the aggr function likes the if statement in the second argument.

Jamey

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show the issue?