Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danaleota1
Creator
Creator

GetFieldSelections inside set analysis

Hello,

Is it possible to place a GetFieldSelection() inside set analysis?  I'm trying to do this:

=Count({< DETAIL_ACTION1 = {'GetFieldSelections(DETAIL_ACTION1)'}>} Distinct CALL_LOG_INFO_ID)

Thank you

Dana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Almen
Creator II
Creator II

It should work for single values however if you select over 80% of the possible values it will return a 'NOT ValueX, ValueY' which won't work in Set Expression. Also you cannot select multiple values because of the separator being "," but multiple values need to be written as {'X', 'Y', 'Z'}. 

Furthermore your expression needs some tweaking:

=Count({< DETAIL_ACTION1 = {"$(=GetFieldSelections(DETAIL_ACTION1))"}>} Distinct CALL_LOG_INFO_ID)

I was just thinking if you change your values in DETAIL_ACTION1 to 'Value', the ' ' should transfer through the GetFieldSelections function and enable multiple value selection. The Max restriction still applies though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Almen
Creator II
Creator II

It should work for single values however if you select over 80% of the possible values it will return a 'NOT ValueX, ValueY' which won't work in Set Expression. Also you cannot select multiple values because of the separator being "," but multiple values need to be written as {'X', 'Y', 'Z'}. 

Furthermore your expression needs some tweaking:

=Count({< DETAIL_ACTION1 = {"$(=GetFieldSelections(DETAIL_ACTION1))"}>} Distinct CALL_LOG_INFO_ID)

I was just thinking if you change your values in DETAIL_ACTION1 to 'Value', the ' ' should transfer through the GetFieldSelections function and enable multiple value selection. The Max restriction still applies though.

danaleota1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Almen, 

Yes 

=Count({$< DETAIL_ACTION1 = {"$(=GetFieldSelections(DETAIL_ACTION1))"}>} Distinct CALL_LOG_INFO_ID)

this did the trick.