Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaniCalifornia
Contributor III
Contributor III

GetFieldSelections not working with modified field

I have a list box with a modified dimension for my selections - because I can't use the full list for what I need to show. 

=If(EiaCoverageGroupId = 1 AND EiaCoverageTypeId =1, EiaCoverageShort) 

The EIaCoverageShort is the field I need to return. I want to display it in my drop down title, and I need to put it into a variable as well so I can use it elsewhere, and I need to use that dimension to set a default for my drop down list. However, my GetFieldSelections(EiaCoverageShort) does not return anything. 

I've tried: 

GetFieldSelections(EiaCoverageShort)

GetFieldSelections(If(EiaCoverageGroupId = 1 AND EiaCoverageTypeId =1, EiaCoverageShort) )

MaxString(GetFieldSelections(If(EiaCoverageGroupId = 1 AND EiaCoverageTypeId =1, EiaCoverageShort) ))

I can't get anything to return the selected EiaCoverageShort. I just want confirmation as to what I need to use to return the selected dimension (or default if nothing has been selected) for a dimension that I've modified. Once I know I'm using the correct way to return the selected dimension, I can troubleshoot other things that may be causing my app to not work properly. Thank you. 

1 Reply
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

try to change your calculated dimension to 

= aggr(If(EiaCoverageGroupId = 1 AND EiaCoverageTypeId =1, EiaCoverageShort) ,EiaCoverageShort)

then the selection will be preformed on the EiaCoverageShort field 

and getfieldselections should work