Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Global Grouping Option in Dimension limit

HI,

I am looking for Global Grouping option in dimension limit tab in Qlik Sense. I used to apply this option in QlikView to get the top 15 products for all quarters (Quarter is primary dimension) for a metric. This option will group Top 15 products for all the quarter and will give the output. 

In Qlik Sense, we don't have that option which is giving Top 15 Products for each quarter. Could someone help with this issue? Can we achieve this by using the expression?

Regards,

Jaswanth P

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, Which object you are talking about? But available even in Qlik. If you can select dimension expand icon you will see Fixed number... There you can see Top and Bottom buttons underneath. Aren't you?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am looking at Line chart. Having a 2-dimensional chart with Quarter and Product. The option of limit will display top 15 Products for each Quarter. However, for all the Quarter I need same 15 Products.

I hope this gives more understanding on the requirement.

Regards,

Jaswanth p

ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

For the line chart - we have a (dirty) workaround like this: 

First dimension is time, in your example Year-Quarter
Second dimension: =Aggr(If(Rank(TOTAL Sum(Sales),3)<=10,Product),Product)
Measure: Sum(Sales)

Sorting is not by total sum of sales, but rather alphabetically. Can't adjust it since we're using continuous time dimension.

Overall we need "global grouping" flag for other charts besides pivot, hope this feature arrives in the next version.