Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tas_taba1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Group by a specific filter before creating island tables in load script

Hello Qlikkers,

I have a stratified cluster sampling  dataset like this-

tas_taba1_0-1619719839852.png

Now, the dataset has total 3 strata and 10 clusters. But some of the years have some clusters(CinemaPSU)missing. For example, the years- 2015, 2016 and 2017 have two clusters missing. In QS app, I used the fields- CinemaStratum, CinemaPSU and UtilityWt to calculate the measure Standard Error-

Standard ErrorStandard Error

The expression for the SE calculation in the KPI is-

=Sqrt(Sum( {1} Aggr( 
((sqr(sum(aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID])) - sum(Total <CinemaStratum> aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID]))/Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU))) * 
Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)/(Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)-1)), CinemaStratum, CinemaPSU)))

In the table, the SE is calculated for each Race dimension. But when I choose a specific race value from the filter, it gives me a different result-

SE with FilterSE with Filter

I want to get the same SE for the specific race type in the table as well. The expression used for the SE calculation in the chart is-

=If(RowNo(TOTAL)=0 , 
	Sqrt(Sum( {1} Aggr( 
    ((sqr(sum(aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID])) - sum(Total <CinemaStratum> aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID]))/Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU))) * 
    (Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)/(Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)-1))), CinemaStratum, CinemaPSU))),
    Sqrt(Sum( {1} Aggr( 
    ((sqr(sum(aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID], Race)) - sum(Total <CinemaStratum,Race> aggr(sum(DISTINCT [UtilityWt]), [PersonID], Race))/Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU))) * 
    (Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)/(Count({1<Year=P(Year)>} DISTINCT TOTAL <CinemaStratum> CinemaPSU)-1))) ,Race, CinemaStratum, CinemaPSU))))

My data model is  designed in such a way that no matter what filter values are chosen it will aggregate all the strata and clusters present in the dataset and make the corresponding utilitywt-0 in the SE calculation. The code used to create these island tables are given below-

Data:
LOAD
    TheatreID,
    PersonID,
    AgeYrs,
    CinemaStratum,
    UtilityWt,
    CinemaPSU,
    Year,
    Race,
    Race&CinemaPSU&CinemaStratum as Key1,
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Dataset);

All_cinemaPSU1:
Load FieldValue('Race',RecNo()) as Race
AutoGenerate FieldValueCount('Race');
Join(All_cinemaPSU1)
Load Distinct CinemaPSU,
              CinemaStratum
Resident Data;
All_cinemaPSU:
Load  *,
     Race&CinemaPSU&CinemaStratum as Key2
Resident All_cinemaPSU1;
Drop Table All_cinemaPSU1;
Concatenate(Data)
Load *,
     0 as UtilityWt
Resident All_cinemaPSU
where not Exists(Key1,Key2);
Drop Table All_cinemaPSU;
Drop Fields Key1,Key2;

Since I chose the years 2015,2016 and 2017 from the year filter, the total no. of clusters/PSUs present in the dataset are now 8 (not 10). But it is still aggregating all of the clusters (10) in the load script.

I want to know if there is a way to group by the field- Year first and then aggregate all the strata/PSU's present in the dataset to create the keys in the load script.  Basically I want all the stratums/PSU's  present in the selected years to be included and their corresponding utilitywt values to be considered as '0'.

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated. @sunny_talwar and @Kushal_Chawda  you guys helped a lot with my previous inquiries regarding this application. Hope you have some time to take a look at this too. I am also attaching the app here for reference. 

Thank you.

0 Replies