Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_G
Contributor
Contributor

Grouping SOME results in a chart..

Good morning,

I am relatively new to QlikSense and have reached that spot where i say ooh "what if" but then have no idea what i am doing and get totally defeated!

My current problem is the chart below. It shows a backlog of jobs, but as you can see the backlog goes back many years and is mucking up the chart. what i would love to do is to group together all jobs previous to say 2021 and show those as one figure only, so that the more current data is spread.. however i have no idea how to do that.. could someone please suggest a solution?

my current dimension formula is this :

=Date(If([required_by_date_WO-ST] <= Today(), WeekStart([required_by_date_WO-ST]), ''))

and my measure formula is this:

Count({$<[actual_completion_dt_WO-ST]={'NULL'},[ellipse_user_status_WO-ST]-={6,X}>}Distinct([ellipse_work_order]))

Many thanks in advance

Linda_G_0-1680680800119.png

Labels (5)
3 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You could make use of the dimension limitation.

BrunPierre_1-1680688646629.png

Linda_G
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for that, I can see some uses for that in the future for sure! However, if i limit to 3 as suggested above, i just get the last 3 days, and it also doesnt give me a value for the ones it has missed which is kind of what i need?

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

It's because your illustration has the year on the x-axis. Anyways, you can limit on any preferred dimension.

Under the Presentation, check to "show data points" and select Auto as Value Labels to show values on the chart.