Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajany089
Contributor II
Contributor II

Help Needed: Creating Rolling Percentage Area Graph in Qlik Sense

Hello Qlik Community,

I am working on a project where I need to visualize the rolling percentage of requests completed over different days (Day 1, Day 3, Day 7, Day 14) in an area graph. Here's the scenario:

• Effective Month Year: The X-axis of the graph.
  • Count of Request Items: Total number of requests.
  • Ready at Nth Day: The column that specifies the day (Day 1, Day 3, Day 7, Day 14) when requests were completed.

I have managed to calculate the percentage of requests completed at each individual day, but I need a cumulative rolling percentage from Day 1 to Day 14. For example:

• Day 1: 50%
  • Day 3: 80% (including those completed by Day 1 and Day 3)
  • Day 7: 90% (including those completed by Day 1, Day 3, and Day 7)
  • Day 14: 100% (including those completed by Day 1, Day 3, Day 7, and Day 14)

I need to plot these rolling percentages as an area graph to visualize the cumulative completion over days within each month.

NUM(COUNT({<[Ready at Nth day]={'Day X'}>} item_number) / COUNT(TOTAL <[Effective Month Year]> item_number), '#,##0.00%')

Request for Help:

Could someone please guide me on how to correctly calculate these rolling percentages and set up the area graph in Qlik Sense? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Labels (1)
  • QMC

2 Replies
Clement15
Creator III
Creator III

Hello, by taking inspiration from this topic you could find a solution.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Recipe-for-a-Pareto-Analysis/ba-p/1468497

Lorena783lopez
Contributor
Contributor

To create a rolling percentage area graph in Qlik Sense, you need to follow these steps:

Data Preparation:

Ensure your data is structured so that you can calculate cumulative percentages for each day.
Your dataset should have columns like Effective Month Year, item_number, and Ready at Nth Day.
Calculation of Rolling Percentages:

You need to calculate cumulative counts for each day and then compute the rolling percentages.
Visualizing the Data:

Use the calculated rolling percentages to create an area graph.

GM Socrates