Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpim
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Help with set analysis

Hi all

I want to get the sum of sales for the first quarter for 3 fields and I don't know how to write the set expression. 

I've tried this : Sum({$ Quarter= {Q1}, (Employee, product,Officelocation) = > [sales]) and it hasn't worked. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you wish to use Employee, product, Office location in a set modifier to specify a selection, then try with something like this;

Sum({$<Quarter={'Q1'},Employee={'John'}, Product={'Savings'},[Office location]={'Africa'}>}Sales)

or you want the sales for the current selection, but with the selection in 'Employee', 'Product' and 'Office location' removed, then this instead

Sum({$<Quarter={'Q1'},Employee=, Product=,[Office location]=>}Sales)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you wish to use Employee, product, Office location in a set modifier to specify a selection, then try with something like this;

Sum({$<Quarter={'Q1'},Employee={'John'}, Product={'Savings'},[Office location]={'Africa'}>}Sales)

or you want the sales for the current selection, but with the selection in 'Employee', 'Product' and 'Office location' removed, then this instead

Sum({$<Quarter={'Q1'},Employee=, Product=,[Office location]=>}Sales)