Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide a Column/Display Sum Column Conditionally

Hi

I have this situation, where based on the consultant, selected, i needed to show/hide column of total amount billed so far.

e.g

For the below data, I am trying to create a table on right side, and based on selection, if the particular consultant was not billed in that state, i would like the column for that consultant to hide.

So for Location = VA, David didnt get billed, so only total for Adam & Eve should be displayed. otherwise all three, if there's no filter on location.

1.JPG

11 Replies
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

vegar.lie.arntsen‌ .. Any suggestion plz ..

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i think you should use a pivot table with field "Consultant" as column dimension.

then you should untick "Include zero values" under Add-ons->Data handling.

i hope it helps.

Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

On your example David get billed an all locations, only Adam didnt billed on MN location...

If i understand you correctly, it must be work natually by Qlik's engine.

Just do it in QlikView

If we click on MN location, right table will only show Eve and David. But you need to pay attention for checkboxes for Consultant dimension settings (Suppress when value is null, [ ]Show all values)

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

agigliotti‌ .. Will try using Pivot instead of regular table, never tried that option.

zhandos_shotan‌ .. I don't have the other Qlik tools available at work, hence trying to figure out options using Qlik Sense... thanks for the suggestion though

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Columns wont hide in Qlik Sense.

Ad Ons condition will show the column but your conditional columns would show values as 0.

I think by default you'll fill that condition since there are values still available for other users...

If you select MN, Adam will have 0 but others will have some value.

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yeah .. that's all I could achieve so far ..

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

agigliotti‌ .. Pivot did the trick, but one quick issue, is it possible to repeat the row label, just like we have that option in excel .. ?

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

agigliottizhandos_shotan‌ .. is it possible to display certain columns always, regardless of the filter selection ...

I tried this ... Sum({$<[Name]={Adam}>}[Total]), but this only returns Adam column regardless of selection ...

what i am trying to achieve is to start with all three columns Adam, Eve and David and when there is a selection of one of the column, lets say Eve .. it should display Adam and Eve, (displaying Adam by default regardless)

also if you know how to set the order for the total columns.

Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi, again!

Here it is:

Sum(

{1<[Name]={Adam}> + $}

[Total])