Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II

Hide a chart for a specific AD group

Hello,

I want to hide a chart on a sheet when the user is a member of a specific Active Directory group.

Is this possible in version 3.2.4? If yes, what is the best way to implement?

If not, what version do I need?

Thanks!

10 Replies
hlines_usacs
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We ended up doing a few things to solve this issue.

1. We upgraded to the most recent version.

2. I made a duplicate of the sheet that has the charts we want to show or hide based on the AD group. One sheet has 4 charts, and the other has 2. The second sheet has an extra space in the sheet name in order to differentiate.

3. We disabled the default STREAM security rule, but added a rule for each of the streams. These new security rules were copies of the default, but a filter added for the stream it was for.

4. We added a new security rule and used the conditions below. "Production" is the name of the stream, AD Group does not see "SheetA", and AD Group Limited does not see "Sheet A" (space between sheet and A).

Conditions for security rule:

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) and (resource.stream.name="Production" or resource.app.stream.name="Production") and

(resource.objectType != "sheet" or resource.name != "SheetA" or user.group="AD Group") and

(resource.objectType != "sheet" or resource.name != "Sheet A" or user.group="AD Group Limited")