Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEBG93
Creator
Creator

How can I execute a series of expressions in Data Load Editor in a table and get the values?

Hello experts,

I am having some performance issues. I am retrieving multiple expressions from an excel file using the Pick(match()) nesting method and then saving it as a variable. I use this variable in the Sheet table and it works alright. But, because it has to evaluate hundreds of rows (its one expression per row), its becoming really slow.

So I figure, there is a way of applying the pick(Match()) statement directly in a table during the Load Script so I get the values in the Sheet table without applying any expressions in the front end, but I don't know how to do it.

For an illustrated example, i want to do something like this:

I have one excel which has the following columns:

KPI ID, KPI Name, KPI Expression

So in KPI expression I've got the Pick(match()) statement where Pick(match(KPI ID, '1', '2', '3'), num(Sum(sales), '$#,##0.00'), sum(netsales), count(employees))

Right now I'm saving KPI Expression as a variable and I apply it in the table sheet, but what I want to do is to apply those expressions and save its values when loading the script. So instead of:

1, Total Sales, num(Sum(sales), '$#,##0.00')

Do this:

1, Total Sales, $ 123,456.00

Thanks in advance

0 Replies