Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I reference the values from Dimensions in set analysis?

Hi all,

I was hoping to tap into your knowledge for help with this issue I'm having.

What I'm trying to do is with set analysis measure the decline in user activity, using a log of transactions.

The logic is that any user that completed a transaction last month and hasn't done any this month should be counted against the month they're missing from.

To help, I've created a field called "LapseTransactionMonth". This field is the transaction created month forward-dated by 1 month.

So, the basic code would be:

//All users with transactions in the previous month

Count({<LapseTransactionMonth = {"=CurrentMonth"}>} Distinct UserID) -

//Subtract subset of users with transactions this month

Count({<LapseTransactionMonth = {"=CurrentMonth"}, TransactionMonth = {"=(CurrentMonth)"} >} Distinct UserID)

Note, CurrentMonth is meant to signify the month dimension on the visualisation; so if there are 7 months worth of data, this formula should be applied to each of them.

Sofar, I've not been able to crack this.

Thank you for your help.

Sven

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vineeth,

I think you're solution comes closest, but the problem I'm having is that I need the formula to work on a chart and apply the logic to each month, meaning the check for previous transactions has to happen for every month's worth of data I have, not just the latest (see below mock-up, each bar is showing how many users stopped transacting in that month).

lapse.JPG

This is also further complicated by filters available in the app as a whole, which can make the calculation show misleading data, e.g. when multiple months are selected.

None of the solutions I think of work the way I need them, so I've put a pin in it until a Qlik representative is coming to my office, next week. If they can't help, I'll have to accept this as a limitation of Qlik Sense.

But if the representative has any ideas, I'll share them with you here.

Thanks for all your effort with this,

Sven

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Sven,

"check for previous transactions has to happen for every month's worth of data I have, not just the latest "

Can you post sample data/example and a data table that shows what the figures should be, I like to keep trying.

Cheers

V

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.