Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can we pass the visual variable parameters into the load script to load data, urgent

Hi!!

How can we pass the visual variable parameters into the load script to load data, such as the user enters the date, and load the data according to the date.

I want to set a variable in the script, and then the user can change the value (date) of the variable in the visualization, and then pass in the script.

I want to write the where condition in the script, and then pass the visual date variable to the where condition to filter the data and then load the data.

don’t know if my expression is clear, does anyone know how to achieve it?Are there related extensions to implement it?

Will be very grateful for your help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 
the Easiest way will be to use ODAG\dyanmic views  , 
which is built from a selection app and template app 
it works like this the user make selection in the selection app and then clicks a button that spins a new app with the data filtered according to the user selections 
or in Dyanmic views case user make selections , than hit refresh and the chart in the model are updated by running queries in the source systems 
for more information look at this , 
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataSource/Manage-big-da...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 
the Easiest way will be to use ODAG\dyanmic views  , 
which is built from a selection app and template app 
it works like this the user make selection in the selection app and then clicks a button that spins a new app with the data filtered according to the user selections 
or in Dyanmic views case user make selections , than hit refresh and the chart in the model are updated by running queries in the source systems 
for more information look at this , 
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataSource/Manage-big-da...