Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YG
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do I scale bar chart to last 12 months ONLY

Hi All,

I have read few articles on this issue and I have manged to implement some if it and so far non of them seems to work as I would Like, Field in questions is : [Event_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]

This is what I see: when I implement and expression field  =[Event_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth] 

YG_1-1676437040445.png

So based on articles I changes my expression to:  =If([Event_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth] >= '2022-02', [Event_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth])

YG_0-1676436971435.png

Seems like it worked but on the right corner bar is NOT intended to appear is appearing which makes no sense

I only want is this to be scaled like below ( Not solved just cut part of above)

YG_2-1676437320165.png

The main issue because of this is when I try to do Storytelling option to presentation it only appear first months and I cant see the last months too. So far I tried,

Changing Y axis to scale - did not work

Sorting descending - Makes no sense to as doesn't go with other charts reading left to right

Anyone who can help would be really be appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

In your yearmonth dimension you have the option defaulted to include null values.  Unticking this will get you the chart you want.

ogster1974_0-1676454119466.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

In your yearmonth dimension you have the option defaulted to include null values.  Unticking this will get you the chart you want.

ogster1974_0-1676454119466.png

YG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @ogster1974 works like a charm.