Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhj0735
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to count the IDs with condition including AND and OR

Hi I would like to count numbers of vehicle in stock by using two data columns "in_service" and "out_service".

If the vehicle is still in use at this point, then the "out_service" would be null. I want to count those still in service based on the data: 

=Count( {< [in_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={"<=$(YRMON)"},[out_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(YRMON_)"}|IsNull(out_service_date)> } >} [vin])

However, when I use the expression to edit my counts, there is always error showing "error in expression Error in set modifier expression". Not sure how am I gonna be able to make it right? I thought that is very straightforward...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

This Should work

=Count({<[in_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={"<=$(YRMON)"},[out_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(YRMON_)"} >+ <out_service_date={"$(=IsNull(out_service_date))"}>} [vin]) 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try

=Count({<[in_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={"<=$(YRMON)"},[out_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(YRMON_)"},out_service_date={"$(=IsNull(out_service_date))"}>} [vin])

zhj0735
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you BrunPierre. However, I dont think it works as the last two conditions contradict:

out_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(YRMON)"} and 

out_service_date={"$(=IsNull(out_service_date))"}>} [vin]

As long as it has value, it wont be null. That is the OR condition that I want to implement as I want to count either has later time of out_service_date, or have not been out of service yet (meaning it has NULL value).

Thanks! Look forward to other solutions.

maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

This Should work

=Count({<[in_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={"<=$(YRMON)"},[out_service_date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]={">=$(YRMON_)"} >+ <out_service_date={"$(=IsNull(out_service_date))"}>} [vin]) 

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I forgot to include the operator for combining the two sets, which @zhj0735 has already fixed that.

zhj0735
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Maheshkuttappa! The + seems working. Wondering where can I find the correct answer like what you have provided myself from the help instruction or anything? The operation provided by the help mode told me to use "|" but I dont know why it did not work.

Thanks!

zhj0735
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That is very helpful. Thanks for sharing!