Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create a filter that filter two different tables?

Hi, I have two Tables, Premiums and Claims, I have them linked by a policy key, I want a filter that filter the premium table by one column and the claim table by another, while ignoring the key. 

For example

Policy table 

Policy number | Premium Year| Premium

1 | 2020 | 10

2 | 2020 | 10

3 | 2021 | 10

Claims table

Policy number | claim number | Accident Year | Claim

1 | 1 | 2021 | 10

1 | 2 | 2021 | 10

2 | 3 | 2020 | 5

I would like to, for example, filter to year 2021 and it give me the sum(premiums) = 10 and sum(claims) = 20. How I have it now, I have to choose one of the columns Premium Year or Accident Year, but if I select one of those filters, the filter go to the next table by Policy number, but I need them to be independent. 

Thanks. 

Labels (3)
5 Replies
zhaofeng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think you can try to use alternate status

anat
Master
Master

You can bypass those fields which doesn't want to affect the selection

pallavi_96
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Calculate the values using set analysis and then nullify those fields on which value should not change after selection inside the set analysis.

Eg:-=sum({$<[Premium Year]=,[Accident Year]={"$(=Max({<[Premium Year]=>}[Accident Year]))"}>}Claim)

Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the help, I solved the problem adding a master date table and linking both tables to that. Now Im having another problem that that connection broke my 'policy number' link but I think its need a new topic. 

Zorak
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, im new to QlikSense, can you explain me the sintaxis of that function? Thanks!