Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdavis10
Contributor
Contributor

How to do a Recursive Calculation in Qlik Sense to create a Forecast or Projection

I would like to do a recursive calculation where the above number is used to calculated the new number in a column. In  the attached excel sheet I use the above above balance  + the above balance * a percentage of change to calculate the new balance. I would like to create a expression that uses actual data when present, but otherwise does a recursive calculation using above number to continue the calculation until the periods end. 

image.png 

13 Replies
mattdavis10
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have a load statement to pull in the rate of change and the forecast periods, how do I use that instead of the flag column?

sunny_talwar

Can you show how the data looks like for those columns?

mattdavis10
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sunny, sorry for the delay. The data for the columns is like the screen shot in the first Post.

By any chance could you give me the load statement you used to create the flag. I've tried but cant use the QVF file. The web based Qlik Sense we are using doesn't accept that file. 

Matt

levente81
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, I have imported QVF and also the csv source file. Your function does not work for me. Strange is that rangesum(above(field,0,{#})) works properly on a test data, but it does not work on the csv data. On csv data I get back  simple value of certain record - no cumulation happens. What can be the reason why such anomaly shows up? Why does rangesum(above()) logic fails on this sample data?

levente81_1-1663846563578.png