cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krypton76
Contributor
Contributor

How to extend map zoom ?

In  Qlik Sense Business , when i use map object, the maximum zoom level is too low for me, as i need to localise indoor point

Is there a way or an extension to extand zoom level 20 ?

Regards

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

G'day 

In Qlik Sense Business, the map object's zoom level is restricted by default settings, primarily for performance reasons and to adhere to the base map provider's guidelines. However, if the default maximum zoom level does not meet your requirements, especially for indoor or very detailed location analysis, there are a few approaches you can consider:

1. Custom Extensions: Qlik Sense allows the use of custom extensions that can be developed using Qlik's APIs. If you or someone on your team has experience with JavaScript and Qlik's Extension API, you could create a custom map extension that allows for deeper zoom levels.

2. Third-Party Map Extensions: There are several third-party map extensions available for Qlik Sense that might offer higher zoom levels. These extensions can sometimes provide more detailed maps, additional customization options, and potentially higher zoom levels. Some popular ones include extensions from Qlik Branch or other Qlik community contributors.

3. Alternative Mapping Solutions: If Qlik Sense’s built-in map object doesn't meet your needs, consider integrating with external mapping tools like Google Maps or Mapbox. You can embed these maps into Qlik Sense dashboards using an iframe or custom extension and leverage their capabilities, including higher zoom levels.

4. Contact Qlik Support: If you're facing limitations with the built-in map object, reaching out to Qlik's support team or your Qlik account manager might provide more insight. They could offer solutions or workarounds specific to your version of Qlik Sense.