Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samp
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get Timestamp 7 digits fractional seconds in Qlik Sense

I have Datetime_Filed in SQL Server with the format  '2018-09-24 18:14:13.9213256'  when I load into qlik Sense its converting to number ( 43774.595199294) and after that I am unable to convert back in Qlik as is in db ('2018-09-24 18:14:13.9213256' ) for my incremental where condition filter value.

I tried below but still I am missing last 4 digits.

Timestamp(max(Datetime_Filed) ,'YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss.fff') as Datetime_Filed 

As suggested in previous posts I split date part and time part and then getting them back with max (Datetime_Filed) in the where condition, this way I need to read my huge fact QVD twice (First time for max date and second time for to get date part and time part with max date where condition)

Is there any way to convert my max date value in the format of '2018-09-24 18:14:13.9213256' on my firsttime QVD read.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It are just too many digits as Qlik could handle with it's used binary number-system - here are some backgrounds to the topic: Rounding-Errors.

But that's not a show-stopper. In general it's not recommended to load timestamps into Qlik else to split the in dates and times and if the milli-seconds are really needed for anything to split them from the times, too - here again some backgrounds: The-Importance-Of-Being-Distinct.

In regard to your incremental loading you could combine the date- and time-fields again - whereby I could imagine that the date alone would be sufficient enough (yes, you would load some record from the last date twice).

- Marcus