Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to have bar chart show correct count?

Hello,

I am practicing using Qlik Sense by making a sample dashboard that displays visualizations based on Academy Awards data. I currently have a bar chart that is supposed to show the count of awards won by each actor on the datasource. Please see the screenshot here:

Awards1.png

As you can see, according to the bar chart, Hilary Swank won 4 awards. This is NOT correct because Hilary Swank actually won 2 awards according to the datasource being used. Please see here:

Awards2.png

The bar chart is really showing the number of NOMINATIONS for the actors, not the actual number of awards won. Hilary Swank got 4 nominations, but won it twice.

How can I change the bar chart to show the values in the chart to match the datasource? I thought I used the correct formula, but apparently that is not. THANK YOU in advance for your assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

something like this:

=count({<[_unit_state]={'golden'}>}Nominations)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

something like this:

=count({<[_unit_state]={'golden'}>}Nominations)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you sir! That solved the issue perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was wondering, what's the purpose of the curly brackets? When are they typically used in a formula?

jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

In the following link you can find more information regarding the set analyis. There are many things that you should know: Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples