Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SerSwagster
Creator
Creator

How to make a table unsensitive to selections

Hi everyone.

I have a table with two dimensions and two expressions built with an if construct:

if(wildmatch....,yes,no)

I want to unrelate the table with the rest of the sheet, but when I use Loosely Coupled checkbox, after saving and opening again the document, Loosely Coupled feature is no more on.

What I can do on the expressions of the table to make it insensitive to the filters of the sheet?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

=Only({1}

if(NOT IsNull(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '20_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Man*','*Tot*','*Liv*'), '21->20',
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))),
(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '20_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Man*','*Tot*','*Liv*'), '21->20',
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))))

)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can add the set expression "{1}" to your expressions to ignore current selections.  I can't give you an exact example here, because you've shown pseudo code for your expression. If you need help with the syntax, post the full expression text. 

-Rob

SerSwagster
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

I give you some details to solve this issue. In my table I have two expressions, but I'm writing the code of only one of them, because are quite similar.

=if(NOT IsNull(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))),
(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))))

I have to exclude every selection made, but in the specific about fields Role, Status and Notes, that are not included in this code, but are linked to the fields mentioned above. 

How can I include the set expression {1}?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

=Only({1}

if(NOT IsNull(
(

)