Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griffin2571
Contributor
Contributor

How to remove decimal in Data Field

I Have this in the data load editor for the parts order field. Left([Parts Order],Len([Parts Order])-1)&'.'&Right([Parts Order],1) As "Parts_Dec".

It obtained the result I wanted with data that had suffix "Parts +". However I have some data that do not meet that criteria. What would be the best way to keep the decimals in place for Parts order that start with "Parts +" but remove decimals that have all numbers.

Example - 2022307160.1 converts to  20223071601

PARTS +840.0 stays the same

griffin2571_0-1667573203031.png

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

I guess it's better to not insert the unnecessary decimal points in the first place, instead of deleting them afterwards:

If([Parts Order] like 'PARTS +*',Left([Parts Order],Len([Parts Order])-1)&'.'&Right([Parts Order],1),[Parts Order]) as Parts_Dec

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps

If(SubStringCount([Parts Order],'PARTS +')=0,Replace(Field,'.',''),[Parts Order])

MarcoWedel

I guess it's better to not insert the unnecessary decimal points in the first place, instead of deleting them afterwards:

If([Parts Order] like 'PARTS +*',Left([Parts Order],Len([Parts Order])-1)&'.'&Right([Parts Order],1),[Parts Order]) as Parts_Dec