Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvaC
Contributor
Contributor

How to show a row is missing in a table based on date?

Hi all,

There's a table I'm working on that has a date dimension set for the last 30 days. Data for this table is uploaded from a BI Warehouse and so changes everyday.

Other columns in the table are simply categories for company products and the data is revenue generated from each product for the last 30 days. I would like to introduce a feature on my app that lets us know if a date from the table is missing for the days specified. For example, the dates on the table could be; 25-08-2021, 26-08-2021, 28-08-2021 then this means the entire row of data for the dates 27th and 29th are missing for whatever reason.

DateProduct AProduct BProduct C
25-08-2021xxxxxxxxx
26-08-2021xxxxxx xxx
28-08-2021xxxxxxxxx

Here is the problem. This can sometimes happen and we need to know which rows are missing so as to fix things in the backend. How can I show which rows are missing based on date?

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Load Date, ProductA, ProductB, ProductC

From YourTable;

//Get the last 30 days (including today, can be adjusted mathematically as required)

Temp:
Load date(Today()-30+rowno()) as MissingDateCheck
Autogenerate(30);

// Keep only the dates which are missing from the original table

Load MissingDateCheck as MissingDate Resident Temp
WHERE Not exists(Date,MissingDateCheck);

// Drop the Temp table which is no longer necessary

Drop Table Temp;

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Have you considered adding a master calendar to your data model.  If you create a master calendar containing the 30 days you would be able to identify missing dates in your data series by making a selection and examining the green, white and grey status of the date dimension field.