Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonKKA
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use App Preload

Hi all, 

I have developed an app using Qlik Sense (On-Premise Version). The data model is fairly huge (about 280+ MB) and I have sheets containing multiple line charts each that are taking more that 5 minutes to load completely.

I saw the app loader on the Qlik Help (see print screen below) and decided to try it out as a solution to cut the loading time. However, I do not know how to implement this solution. 

Do I insert the syntax "var sheets = ...." into the data load script? I tried it and it cannot run. 

Hope some one who has used this here can advise......many thanks in advance.

Qlik Help.PNGdo not know how to incorporate the syntax to make it work.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, that's not a Qlik code, to use that you'll need visual studio, in that help page, above of that section, there is a link to code example in github, there is a solution to import in visual studio to see the cs code.

Before that you'll need to install the SDK to have access to the classes and other objects of Qlik from the cs code.

Btw 280 Mb is not that big, maybe the model or the expressions can be optimized to make it work better. Or maybe the Qlik Server needs more resources.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, that's not a Qlik code, to use that you'll need visual studio, in that help page, above of that section, there is a link to code example in github, there is a solution to import in visual studio to see the cs code.

Before that you'll need to install the SDK to have access to the classes and other objects of Qlik from the cs code.

Btw 280 Mb is not that big, maybe the model or the expressions can be optimized to make it work better. Or maybe the Qlik Server needs more resources.

JasonKKA
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I see, now I have a better idea on how to take this option further. I will explore this further with Visual Studio, as well as the factors you mentioned at the end. Thank you very much!