Hi,

I have 2 fields with same value as below,

Load * Inline [

Date, Date1
202018, 202018
222018, 222018
202019, 202019
];

Now i want to use different filter for both and want to select the values independently.

Now,  when i'm selecting 202018 from Date, 202018 from Date1 also selecting automatically, i don't want that way.
I want to select separately.

Please advise me.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Apply Alternate states? Hope you are using QS latest version?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi.  You could load them into different tables: 

DateTable:
Load * inline [
Date
];
Date1Table:
Load * inline [
Date1
];

Now you can select independently.  Of course this isn't much good on it's own.  I'm guessing you want it to select for comparative purposes?  If so, then you could use this as part of a measure definition:

Selected Date sales:  Sum({$ <TranDate={>=$(=Min(Date))<=$(=Max(Date))}>} Amount)

Comparative Sales:   Sum({$ <TranDate={>=$(=Min(Date1))<=$(=Max(Date1))}>} Amount)

JishnuGS
Partner - Contributor III
Author

Thanks Shanemichelon!

Actually I want use as two separate filter 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Apply Alternate states? Hope you are using QS latest version?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
JishnuGS
Author

I'm using April 2020 version. How to use Alternate states here ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@JishnuGS  You will get lot because this future capable for alternate states. Google it and ask us If you still not found? Make sure, From next time - I would suggest to share sample application to demonstrate the issue

JishnuGS
Author

Thank you @Anil_Babu_Samineni !!!  It is worked for me.

JishnuGS
Author

Hi Anil,

I'm able to use the Alternate State and using same in Measure expression editor to show the value.

But after that i'm not able to select the dimension from my table. I'm below when i'm selecting the Product my table is not changing.

Attaching the QVF file.

JishnuGS_0-1601570176044.png

Could you please advice me.