Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominicmazvimavi
Contributor II
Contributor II

IF NULL (OR = 0 ) USE PREVIOUS DATE'S VALUE

PREVIOUS DAY.PNG
Hi everyone
I would like to produce a table where by, I return the previous day's SALES VALUE, if 'current' date it is null. How would I go about it? 
I came up with the following, however not sure if it will return the previous date's value: 
if(isnull('SALES VALUE'),Previous('SALES VALUE'),'SALES VALUE') as 'SALES VALUE'. 

Please also consider if, there was been a NUL value for the previous two days  and the SALES VALUE that is available would then be from three days ago, that the script would be able to pick that value up. Thank you 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
PrashantSangle

In script you can try with peek() . 

example

Test:
Load *,if(Sales_Value='NUL',Peek(Sales_Value),Sales_Value) as new_sales inline [
Date,Sales_Value
2023/04/01,10
2023/04/02,NUL
2023/04/03,20
2023/04/04,NUL
2023/04/05,30
2023/04/06,40
];

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
dominicmazvimavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

dominicmazvimavi_1-1681980689031.png

Hi PrashantSangle, thank you. Unfortunately that did not work. 

Kushal_Chawda

@dominicmazvimavi  you need to sort your data first to use previous and peek functions to work correctly

Data:
LOAD *
FROM Table;

New:
LOAD *,
if(isnull([SALES VALUE]),peek('SALES VALUE NEW'),[SALES VALUE]) as [SALES VALUE NEW]
resident Data
order by DATE;

drop table Data;

PrashantSangle

can you share the script, which you tried?? The above code is working fine at my end.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
dominicmazvimavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

DATA:
LOAD [DATE],

SALES_VALUE
FROM
datasource

NEW:
LOAD
DATE([DATE]AS DATE,

if(isnull(SALES_VALUE),Peek(NEW_SALES_VALUE), SALES_VALUEas NEW_SALES_VALUE

Resident DATA
Order BY DATE;

DROP TABLE DATA;  

RESULT:

dominicmazvimavi_3-1681990737421.png

PrashantSangle

Try below

DATA:

Load *,

if(isnull(SALES_VALUE) or len(trim(SALES_VALUE))=0Peek(SALES_VALUE),SALES_VALUE) as new_sales;

LOAD [DATE],

SALES_VALUE
FROM
datasource

Regards,

Prashant Sangle