Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit_B
Creator
Creator

Ignore all selections except all fields from specific tables using Set Analysis

Hey,

I'm trying to create a measure that refers only to the max year and is affected by selections of fields from only 3 tables from the entire model.

max year:
The data is from 2015 until today.
If user select year=2022,2023 than max year = 2023.
If user select year=2020,2024 than max year = 2024.

The tables which should affect on the measure:
1. Calendar - Year, MonthID, Qtr, Date, flags,  and more.
2. Stores - StoreID, Name, Location, and more.
3. Products - ProductID, ProductName, Group, UnitCost, UnitPrice, and more.
Other tables are not connected to the rows of the relevant information (Nulls) like EmployeeCode or SupplierCode.

I came up with the following formula but it doesn't work for me:
=Sum({<$(=concat({1< $Table -= {'Calendar','Stores','Products'}>} $Field, ' ,'))> * 1<Year={'$(vMaxYear)'}>}Budget)
When the user select a StoreName, the measure's value doesn't updated according selection.
When the user select an EmployeeCode, the measure's value updated to 0, but it doesn't need to change.
I used this: link.

Please help.

Labels (4)
8 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try changing the first part to this in case you have field names with any special characters or spaces ..

<$(='[' & Concat({1<$Table-={'Calendar','Stores','Products'}>}$Field, '],[') & ']')>

Amit_B
Creator
Creator
Author

didn't help, still acting the same

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes - @Lisa_P has a point - I have tested this on my dummy set and the highlighted part was important in my case:

=Sum({<$(=concat({<[$Table]-={"_di*","Data*","MDM*",'Calendar','Stores','Products'}>} '['&$Field,']=,'))>*1<[Cal Year]={2024}>}revenue)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ohhh @Amit_B - you want to remove also "1" from here:

=Sum({<$(=concat({<[$Table]-={"_di*","Data*","MDM*",'Calendar','Stores','Products'}>} '['&$Field,']=,'))>*1<[Cal Year]={2024}>}revenue)

so youre expression should be like this:

=Sum({<$(=concat({1< $Table -= {'Calendar','Stores','Products'}>}'['&$Field,']=, ' ,')),Year={'$(vMaxYear)'}>}Budget)

simple as that...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Amit_B
Creator
Creator
Author

I received a n error in set modifier expression.

I tried to fix it but still doesn't work.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Can you send a screenshot of what the Expression editor is showing please

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Amit_B ,

1. I hope you are not copying scripts from community as special characters like single and double quotes are converted, so make sure you type in your syntax by yourself in Qlik expression editor
  2. If it works for me (i tested it) - it should work for you..

Cheers

Lech