Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SerSwagster
Creator
Creator

Implement a button using an expression that filters values below a threshold

Hi everyone.

I have a table with several dimensions (ID, Date, Description, etc.) and several expressions, in particular a measure called %_Defect.

I want to show in the table only the rows with a %_Defect less than 50%. If I want to do this, I use a code like the following (instead of the field name there will be the code to calculate it, obviously):

if(%_Defect < 0.5, %_Defect)

Instead, since I want to set a threshold for each expression, I thought to keep the table free from filter conditions, and to implement a button for each expression, in order to filter every measure by pressing a different button.

I tried to implement a button, with the function Select In the Field, setting the field as "ID" field, and putting as research string the previous code =if(%_Defect < 0.5, % Defect), but it does not work. Where is the mistake?

2 Replies
Andreas_Giesbrecht

Hi SerSwagster,

it seems that under this link there is a similar problem discussed, maybe it helps: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-can-I-write-a-button-expression-that-filters-by-...

Otherwise I would suggest to provide some more details about what exactly is not working, an example app is often very helpful.

Thanks!

Sant
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi SerSwagster,

If your problem is not solved yet or someone else with similar query visits here, Try :

1. In 'Actions' menu of your Button Object, Pick 'Select values matching search criteria'

2. Select your Field ('%_Defect' in this case)

3. In 'Value' box, enter : '< 0.5'