Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II

Information about filter on sheets list

Hi all.

I'm using qv for years now and i'm switching to qs. One of features my users are using is that in qv if filters affects other sheets there is a green dot near the sheet name on sheetlist. Is there any way to achive this functionality in qs ?

3 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Maybe the other way around, filters always apply to all sheets except when you force it not to with Set Analysis. Isn't this and easier way of thinking an explaining to the users? I can imagine if users have done this for years, it would be easier but I don't think the same option is there in QS.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi. Thx for reply. I havn't spell it correctly 🙂 My users are aware that setAnalisys exists and Alternate-States. Green dot on sheetTab turns on when on this sheet is an object affected by filter. It's very useful to see that filter on SheetA makes some presentation changes on SheetB. 

marcus_sommer

I don't know it it's available within Sense but if you could set the sheet-name with an expression like in View you could also add a query to any selections to it, maybe in this way:

= 'Sheet X ' & pick(-(len(getcurrentselections())>=1), chr(9632))

- Marcus