Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inserting a trend line to a scatter plot

Good day Qlik Community!

Is there a way to draw a trend line in a scatter plot? I do believe it uses he formula y=mx+b but what is its equivalent in qlik sense? Can you also provide some sample data and how to do it?

Many thanks in advance!

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jing,

I never got any answer. But no matter, I found a new platform I could use for scatter plots with trend line. Still using Qlik Sense though. If you'd like to, we could exchange emails and I'll introduce you to it.

Thanks!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jan,

Though you do not have this option implicitly available in sense, you can achieve this by using extensions for sure.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram. It is nice to hear. do you have the extensions to share?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Jing,

I do not have an extension to share but you can do it using D3 and is totally possible.

Thanks,

Sangram.

JaMajka1
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Jing, I have the same problem now. Have you figured it out how to plot a linear regression line into a scatter plot in Qlik Sense?

Regards,

Maria

Not applicable
Author

Hi Maria,

No I didn't figured it out and gave up. As far as I know, there is no direct way to support it now in Sense. You have to create your own extension by using D3.

Good luck! Please share with me once you have a solution.

Jing

human
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have the same problem. I can easily calculate the slope "m", but as soon as i multiply it with x the positionline stops been displayed in the diagram.