Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gahstyle
Contributor
Contributor

Invert value if ID exists in another table

Hi! I'm new to Qlik Sense, already explored a lot, but i'm having a hard time with this issue:

I have a MainTable and a AuxTable, the only goal of the AuxTable is to be a manual input of data for very specific subjects. The thing is, i have a column in MainTable with 'yes' and 'no' values and i need it to be inverted if the id existis in this AuxTable. 

An example:

MainTable now: 

id order_id date status
12343 443 01/02/2020 yes

AuxTable:

id order_id new_date
12343 443 13/02/2020

New MainTable should be:

id order_id date status
12343 443 01/02/2020 No

I was able to make it work without much effort, using this logic:

=if(match(MainTable.Id, AuxTable.id),if(status= 'yes', 'no', 'sim'),status)

but the problem is: on the object table, when i try to filter by 'no' the table returns only the values that exists in the AuxTable, ignoring all the other that were originally 'no' from the status field of the MainTable. How can i make it to return both original MainTable´s  'no' and the 'no' from my AuxTable?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You seem to be handling this on the front end, rather than in script, which isn't ideal.

I'd suggest something along the lines of:

TempTable:

Load * From MainTable;

Join

Load * From AuxTable;

Noconcatenate

Load id, order_id, date, if(IsNull(new_date),status,'No') as status

Resident TempTable;

Drop Table TempTable;

Kushal_Chawda

@Gahstyle  You need to create a status field in script so that it's value doesn't change.

Aux:
Load * Inline [
id order_id date status
12343 443 01/02/2020 No ](delimiter is '\t');

Main:
NoConcatenate
Load *, if(Exists(id), if(status='yes','no',if(status='no','yes')),status) as final_status
Inline [
id order_id date status
12343 443 01/02/2020 yes
12344 443 01/02/2020 yes ](delimiter is '\t');

Drop Table Aux;

Note: if names of ID field are not same in both tables then you need to use exists(id_ name_aux_table, id_name_main_table). You can now use final_status field as a filter