Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraSc22
Contributor
Contributor

JUL-2024 Qlik Cloud update feedback.

Hi, 
Just some feedback about the latest update:

After the latest Qlik Update (9-JUL-2024) BookMarks are hidden under "Sheet" button. - it is not user friendly. It's hard to understand that there are BookMarks etc. also.  

Also When you press "Sheet" button on the left corner - on the right side appears the selection for the sheet etc. - It is not user friendly - it just take additional time to slide from the right to the left. Very unproductive. Even if it takes 0.5 sec. 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
kbx41
Contributor
Contributor

This is an awful change. The Bookmarks and Sheets buttons were taking up very little real estate and hiding them behind a hidden menu on the left is unintuitive. The Sheets button in particular is still where it was before, but when you click it on the right side of the screen it just opens up on the left. Useless change that makes the user experience much worse.

Or
MVP
MVP

I actually like the change overall, though it leaves a bit to be desired insofar as the group separation (which isn't as clean as I'd like) and the Sheets button being confusing (probably left in to make it easier for people to adjust to the relocation). I do strongly prefer the collapsed side pane in pin mode vs the default, though - hopefully there's a way to set that as default, I didn't really look yet.

I don't think anyone from Qlik in a position to address these concerns is likely to see this posted here, though. Just posting to suggest you guys try the collapsed side pane with Pin activated as it seems like a much easier and better way to me, in line with modern app design and taking up only a small amount of monitor real estate.

Or_0-1720603174170.png

IT-HHB
Contributor
Contributor

I have to agree that this update is awful, to get to bookmarks was 2 clicks and is now 4. You can pin the bookmarks to quickly access them but this takes up the entire left hand side of your screen and so taking up a huge amount of desk space and report viewing and you need this for Pivot reports. 

Why don't you allow the users to choose a layout template? surely it won't take much to give options in the Data load to choose which report template layout the user can see?

juliat
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, this update frustrates me to no end. I'm constantly stalling and have to think so much harder to navigate to the sheet(s) that I need when I'm developing. I would switch back to the old layout in a heartbeat if there was the option to.