Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
risabhroy_03
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Left Join Issue

I am joining a table to my main table as below - 

[Final_Final1]:
Load *,
if(((Left([Item Group Code],1)='4') or (Left([Item Group Code],1)='5') or (Left([Item Group Code],1)='6') or (Left([Item Group Code],1)='7') or (Left([Item Group Code],1)='8') or (Left([Item Group Code],1)='9') ),1,0) as [Flag_1],

[Internal Part] & '|' & [Customer] & '|' & Company_Code as [Temp_Key_Q]

Resident [ICBIS_Final]
where [Flag_IGC]=0 and Len([Customer])<>0;
Drop table [ICBIS_Final];

Left Join([Final_Final1])

Load
"T$ITEM" & '|' & "T$BPID" & '|' & Company_Code as [Temp_Key_Q],
"T$QSTK" as [Quantity in Inv Unit],
"T$TRDT" as [Q_Date],
"T$KOOR",
"T$KOST"

FROM [$(vSource)\TWHINR110_Test.qvd](qvd)
where ("T$KOOR"=3 or "T$KOOR"=7) and ("T$KOST"=5);

I am matching my Internal Part, Customer and Company_Code to T$ITEM, T$BPID and Company_Code.

But while loading the data it keeps on loading and loading while the number of rows fetched stops after a certain time, but the timer keeps running.

But if I use a mapping table it works fine.

Can anyone please help?

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, when you do a mapping only the first row  found is applied, but when doing a left join it does a combination of rows. So if both table has many rows with the same item, customer and company, it will create duplicates that combines them all.

You can load each table separated, and in design create a table with the 3 key fields as dimension, add a count() of any of these fields as a measure, sort descendant to check how many copies of the same key you have in each table.

Propably you dont want duplicates of rows, as it will have an impact on your measures and in app performance, so add fields to the key to make it unique or use a mapping table to avoid duplicates.

risabhroy_03
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It is ok for me if records are duplicated.

I just want to know why this left join is not happening?

After loading data from this particular table, time keeps on elapsing but it does not moves forward.

rubenmarin

If there a lot lot of duplciatesit will take a while until it's completed, you do a debug reload, on the left of the load button ther is a 'bug' icon, with this you can selct to only load the first x, rows, limit it to 1000 rowns to see if it ends and the final model to confirm there is no unexpected relations.