Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit a Dimension to a specific Date in a Table

I have a table in Qlik Sense with 3-columns: two dimensions, and one measure: metricDate, AccountCode, and Count(Tickets)

However I want my table to only show records for a single date (there will be many rows for this date). I get the right date like this:

Max({$<IncidentCost-={0}>}Date(metricDate),'YYYY-MM-DD')

(Max Date where the Incident Cost value is not 0)

The calculation above works perfectly in a KPI - but not as a 'dimension limitation; for my dimension metricDate.

Is there any way I can use something like this to force the table to only return records for that date that works in the KPI? I'm assuming I need an expression for the "dimension limitation' but I'm not sure. (Due to requirements we don't want the user to pick this date themselves from a filter box - unless we can default the filter box to that date).

FYI: the KPI correctly returns 2016-02-14 (but it will change often)

Thank you in advance for your help!

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I guess this is the part hard to explain: When I do that the "IncidentCost" nested in the Date function is not understood by Qlik as a measure (although it is being understood as a measure at the end of the expression).

Not applicable
Author

I even tried putting it in brackets [ ]

Not applicable
Author

After playing with it for a while, I got this to work:

Sum({<IncidentDate = {"$(=Date(Max({<IncidentDate={"=Sum(IncidentCost) > 0"}>}IncidentDate), 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>} IncidentCost)

Thank you for your help.

sunny_talwar

Yay!!!!