Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator

Logic for nested if and multiple buttons and multiple text objects.

Hi All,

my actual requirement as below: 

srujanaponnuru_0-1649149055532.png

For each section i have set of questions related to. When i click on each section, respective questions will display in text objects under FAQ column as shown in the snippet. And when i click each question the respective answer should come in another new text object. 

i have achieved creating sections and respective questions using three variables for three sections. but got stuck in getting the answers when i click on question.

under section column, created three buttons. vB1, vB2, vB3.

For section 1: In actions and navigations, set as variable -v B1 -value as Not(vB1), and for for B2 and B3 as 0. Similarly For 2nd section : In actions and Navigations., set as variable vB2 - value as Not(vB2) and for B1 and B3 values as 0. 

For 3rd section:  In actions and Navigations., set as variable vB3 - value as Not(vB3) and for B1 and B2 values as 0. 

under FAQ column, created text objects, for example if i have three questions under section 1 (i.e. Dashboard Operations as shown in the figure) created three text objects, each question one text object. 

and provided the logic in the first text object as below: 

if(vB1=-1,'1st question?',
if(vB2 =-1,'2nd question',
if(vB3=-1,'3rd question')))

similarly for other two text objects with different questions. 

Now if i click Dashboard questions button under section, three text objects with three questions will display under FAQ column. 

Now From here again when i click 1st question text object , the answer should display in third column. 

can you please assist me . 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
srujanaponnuru
Creator
Creator
Author

For all the questions from all the sections, i need to get answers only in one text object in third column. 

But its one at a time, if i click any question from any section, i need the answer in third column. please help me out.