Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicay
Contributor
Contributor

Map chart (Area Layer) : doesn't split by area

Hello everyone !

I downloaded a KML from https://gadm.org/download_country_v3.html and import it on my projet.

Nicay_0-1666787476079.png

I created a map chart with an area layer with "geo" (from kml) as data.

I want to see the repartition of customer between all regions so I selected color -> measure -> "Count(distinct ACTOR)"

But at the end I see this. I thinks it shows me the number of actor in the whole country and not by the regions of the area from KML files.

Nicay_1-1666787691729.png

What did I do wrong ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

When I struggle in situations like this I try to simplify the view by simply using a straight table. So just create a table with the area names and the count and see what that shows you. Or walk your data model to ensure that the area names you have from the KML have a way to be associated to your ACTOR field. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

When I struggle in situations like this I try to simplify the view by simply using a straight table. So just create a table with the area names and the count and see what that shows you. Or walk your data model to ensure that the area names you have from the KML have a way to be associated to your ACTOR field.