Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurensH
Contributor III
Contributor III

Map legend order by count

Hi everyone,

currently I have a map and the legend of this map is ordered in alphabetical order. I want the legend of this map to be ordered by count. How should I do this?

For example; The US is counted 50x in my data set (which is the most) so I want it on top of the legend. Then second would be NL because it is 45x in my data set etc. etc. 

Ideally the map would also show the count in the legend or in the country border. 

Could you please help me out? Also, be really simple and clear in your answer because I am quite new to Qlik 🙂

Thank you! 

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Lauren,

Go to your Map -> Area layer -> Sorting -> By measure. Fill in the expression that will sort your order.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
LaurensH
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jordy,

Thanks for your message but this does not solve the issue completely. By doing this the colors do indeed range from high to low count, but my legend does not change. The legend stays in alphabetical order.

Any way to fix this?

ltrowski
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

In the sorting make it custom and uncheck alphabetically. Set sort numerically descending

Awm_0-1697427315163.png