Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the-null
Contributor III
Contributor III

Merging same rows

Hello,

how can I merge duplicate data with the same name?

thenull_0-1675767857914.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

I can only guess what is wrong, since there is no info on your data here.  But I am guessing that you are not using the right keys for associating the tables. 

What you could also try, is to go back to your concatenated version and use a measure with aggr-function like

sum(aggr(sum([realized value]), [kupac...],[korisnic...], [Robna...])). Then un-check the box hide null values for the name dimension. If the name is not unique within each combination of  [kupac...],[korisnic...], [Robna...], then this might not give you what you want. The same goes for the associations alternative.

The most robust solution is probably to clean the data before loading it into qliksense.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

Can you show the full table? It looks like there are more columns to the left.

the-null
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thenull_0-1675772374317.png

Here is the whole table

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

Does it work if you remove the second column? 

the-null
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you, now it is working.

But do you have any idea how to implement also this second column and not to have data duplicating, because it is important column for me to have it.

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

To keep the second column in the table and get what you want, you  need to do some changes to the data model, so that you do not have missing values or null in the lower part of the second column.

the-null
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

aha, but I don't have that information.

I was thinking that I can somehow tell qlik to recognise that for me, because the name (second column) is basically the same for missing values. 

And one more question if I replace the missing data, my value would not duplicating again?

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

No, if you replace the missing data, there should not be a problem.

Are you concatenating two tables in the load script? Could you use an association instead? (Write noconcatenate before loading the second table).

the-null
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But if I am not using the concatenating I have a problem becase the 4.th row is split in two field and that is why I use the concatenating.

Now I get this table and all informationa are wrong.

thenull_0-1675778729571.png

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

I can only guess what is wrong, since there is no info on your data here.  But I am guessing that you are not using the right keys for associating the tables. 

What you could also try, is to go back to your concatenated version and use a measure with aggr-function like

sum(aggr(sum([realized value]), [kupac...],[korisnic...], [Robna...])). Then un-check the box hide null values for the name dimension. If the name is not unique within each combination of  [kupac...],[korisnic...], [Robna...], then this might not give you what you want. The same goes for the associations alternative.

The most robust solution is probably to clean the data before loading it into qliksense.