Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkal12
Creator
Creator

Missing field values after loading data

Hello,

I have an CSV-file that I want to load into my Qlik Sense App. When selecting the file and relevant fields I get to show values for those three fields:

vkal12_0-1683721486756.png

As soon as I load the data, those values seem to disappear. 

vkal12_1-1683721544484.png

I tried it with and without transforming the data but the values are still empty. Does anyone have an idea why those field values get lost? 

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

I just saved the CSV-file as an XLSX-file and re-loaded the data. Now my values appear as shown in the original file... I actually have multiple CSV-files that I load into that specific app without any problems, it is just this one that seems to have a "bug". I will talk to my contact person to check the file and the field values. I guess the problem is located there...

I just thought that mabye it might have an answer to solve it in Qlik, so thank you for your support. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @vkal12 

Do you have any selections on?

Is there Section Access applied to the document.

If you look in Selections, do you see any data there:

stevedark_0-1683723816375.png

Where are you getting the second screenshot from, it doesn't look like a Sense table.

Steve

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Steve,

the second screenshot is from the datamodel view where I can select a table and have a preview at the bottom. There is no section access applied to the app, also there aren't any selections applied. 

I just load the data as it is into the app and the values seem to disappear. 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That's very odd.

Is there a WHERE statement applied to the load?

In the datamodel view can you see the count of rows, does that have a positive value?

stevedark_0-1683724559934.png

Steve

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

No WHERE Statement. I just select the file from my folder, load it into the data load editor and then load the data without changing anything. 

In my datamodel view it shows me the following: 

vkal12_0-1683724770666.png

My dataset only has 3 rows, all three of them are blank after loading the data but Qlik seems to recognize them as values, as it is not counting them as NULL-values. 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you copy and paste your load script into the thread please?

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

This is my load script:

vkal12_1-1683725858626.png

I just grab the file from a specified path on our server. This is the output in the datamodel viewer. 

vkal12_0-1683725800831.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can't see anything that should be a problem there.

Seeing you have pasted a screenshot of all of the data in the file, would you mind sharing the file itself? I guess as you obfuscated the name in the screenshot you may want to rename it first.

Steve

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

I just saved the CSV-file as an XLSX-file and re-loaded the data. Now my values appear as shown in the original file... I actually have multiple CSV-files that I load into that specific app without any problems, it is just this one that seems to have a "bug". I will talk to my contact person to check the file and the field values. I guess the problem is located there...

I just thought that mabye it might have an answer to solve it in Qlik, so thank you for your support.