Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alcarz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Mix a Pivot Table behavior with a regular Table

Hi community, 

I'm struggling to get the visual result that the end client wants.

On one hand, they want the expand/collapse behavior from the Pivot Table. Here's an example (no measures, just the hierarchical rows behavior):

pivot1.png

On the other hand, they want to show information for every row like we do in a regular table, like this:

table1.png

So at the end, what they want it's a mix, something like this (manipulated):

res1.jpg

But since we can only show aggregate information in a pivot table, this is something unfeasible, right? I have been searching for extensions and workarounds and I haven't found anything to get something similar to that, so any help or idea is really welcome 🙂

Labels (3)
3 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Try using aggregation functions such as Only(Area) or Concat(SubArea) as your expressions.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

you can just use a straight table and somewhat recreate what you need by adding some indentation 

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Alcarz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Check this screenshot:

res2.png

The problem with pivot table as you can see is that, when a node (like Spain) include one or more children (like Barcelona and Madrid), then for a given dimension (Area) its value will be its children's value (Banking)* instead of the corresponding value for Spain (Retail, in red). Same happens with Europe, getting Spain's value (in blue).

*In case the children have different values (like Sub Area, in orange) then they are empty.

I attach the app in case anyone needs it.