Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple selection in drill down is not working

I have a drill down chart let me tell you the dimensions I have added in dimension (master items -> dimension -> drill down) - 'month', 'country' and 'mode', 

so basically, month is the month of purchase and mode is online or offline. So when I select a month the drill works perfectly, and it takes me to the next chart i.e. country. But when I select multiple months then it doesn't drill down to countries, it shows bars for only those selected months. Please help me to solve this, I am really stuck at this step.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, that's how drill-down works, it only goes to the next level when only one value is selected/possible in the upper level.

On charts you can use alternate dimensions so the user can select which dimension to use.

In tables you have the option to show/hide columns, so you can have all 3 dimensions and show/hide based on conditions, it could be a variable that the user changes with a button or expressions like If(GetSelectedCount(Month),0,1) -> this will hide the month column is something is selected on month

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, that's how drill-down works, it only goes to the next level when only one value is selected/possible in the upper level.

On charts you can use alternate dimensions so the user can select which dimension to use.

In tables you have the option to show/hide columns, so you can have all 3 dimensions and show/hide based on conditions, it could be a variable that the user changes with a button or expressions like If(GetSelectedCount(Month),0,1) -> this will hide the month column is something is selected on month

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot