Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor

Need help for dinamic set analysis calculation

Hi experts, I need some help to calculate with this scenario:

With a fact sales table, I need to calculate a discount based on sum sales for the selected dates, then for that total, I have to found the correct discount based on a table with amount tranches. 

this is an example what I have now in a front end table:

Qlik_discount.png

2 first columns for the fact table, and the last 3 is a LEFT JOIN for the amount tranches table  (this is stored in table so will change by group of customer and dates)

obviously I need only one record sales by customer with the correct T_discount, based on the sales :

for instance, customer A with sales 829,24 € will fall in the tranches 501 to 950 € so will have 25 % discount.

thanks in advance for your help,

Oriol.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @OmarBenSalem   thanks for your fast answer, 

yes, I know intervalmatch but I guess is for use at script, not at front end.

so because I dont have a fixed sum of sales, but a dinamic computed sales at front end table, resulting a needed  calculated "interval match" at set analysis front end.

thank you

Oriol.

Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, any update for this, please?

thks

marcus_sommer

It's not solvable with a set analysis else you will need a nested if-loop approach querying the sum against each range, maybe with something like:

if(sum(Sales) >= subfield(concat([T from], '|'), '|', 1),
    subfield(concat([T Discount], '|'), '|', 1);
if(...

It's definitely not a nice way ... therefore I suggest to check if a script-solution isn't more suitable. Usually a discount depends on a single order or on the orders of a certain period like a week or month - and in such cases it could be resolved within the script.

- Marcus