Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syed17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need to load all qvd and excel data from folders and sub_folders at qliksense using lib://

i can able to load all qvd by folders using * and loop but can't able to load from sub_folders and all qvd files store in the qvd data connection folder. can anyone help me solve this.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
rubenmarin

WaltShpuntoff
Employee
Employee

You will want to look into DirList to get a list of subdirectories.

One you have that list you will need to cycle through it and get your FileList for each of the subdirectories you find.

You will need to write some code to manage the process, and I strongly reccomend using sub routines for things like this.

ws

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could take a look at the LIstFiles sub  in @rwunderlich's good old Qlikview Components.

It could help you to solve your need.

deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Dear @Syed17 ,

This are common challenge for many qliksense users, but there are some possible solutions.

Solution 1: 

Loading data from files in nested subfolders. This script uses a for loop to iterate over all the subfolders and files in a given folder, and loads the data from the files that match a certain condition. You can modify the script to suit your needs, such as changing the folder path, the file extension, or the condition.

Solution 2:

Use the FileList function to get a list of all the files in a folder and its subfolders, and then use another for loop to load the data from the files. 

I hope this is helpful for you. 😊

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer

Best Regards,

Deepak