Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acbishop2
Creator
Creator

NetWorkDays between Min Date and Max Date, ignoring dimension

Hi All,

I have a formula to grab the total numbers of business days in the date range selected as follows:

NetWorkDays(Min([SalesDate]),Max([SalesDate]),$(vHolidays))

This is close to what I want, but I need it to ignore dimensions. For example, I want to be able to calculate an employee's sales per work day. In the table below, my formula gives me only the number of days in which an employee made a sale, not the total number work days in the selection.

EmployeeSalesNetWorkDays(Min([SalesDate]),Max([SalesDate]),$(vHolidays))Sales/Work Day
Mickey Mouse522.5
Donald Duck331
Minnie Mouse824

I hope that makes sense. Essentially, I want to do something similar to COUNT( DISTINCT TOTAL SalesDate ) but with work days rather than calendar days.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Almen
Creator II
Creator II

Try the following:

NetWorkDays(Min(TOTAL [SalesDate]),Max(TOTAL [SalesDate]),$(vHolidays))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@acbishop2  can you elaborate o share a sample data and the expected output ? thanks

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
acbishop2
Creator
Creator
Author

So the problem is shown in the third column of the table in my previous post.

For example, if I filter the SalesDate by Year = 2020, Week = 38, that will give me the date range of  9/13 - 9/19. In that date range, there are 5 business days. So if there are no dimensions applied, my formula NetWorkDays(Min([SalesDate]),Max([SalesDate]),$(vHolidays)) will return the value 5. This is the value I want, and it represents the total number of workdays in the selected date range.

However, when I throw this formula into a table with the dimension of Employee, it starts returning the total number of workdays between the first day the employee made a sale and the last day the employee made a sale in the selected date range.

So, in the above example, lets say in week 38, Mickey Mouse makes 5 sales, but they were all on Monday and Tuesday. This makes it so that the formula for work days selected returns the value 2 (but I want it to be 5 still).

The desired output for this scenario is:

EmployeeSalesNetWorkDays(Min([SalesDate]),Max([SalesDate]),$(vHolidays))Sales/Work Day
Mickey Mouse551
Donald Duck350.6
Minnie Mouse851.6
Almen
Creator II
Creator II

Try the following:

NetWorkDays(Min(TOTAL [SalesDate]),Max(TOTAL [SalesDate]),$(vHolidays))

acbishop2
Creator
Creator
Author

That did it! Thanks so much!

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you have Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse all working together, you can safely just hard-code the column to zero.