Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfane
Contributor
Contributor

New user - software download page :(

Hmm registered so as to get familiar with the Personal Desktop product...Have multiple years of multiple BI data visualisation tool experiance...download page is a bit of a huge fail sorry guys 😞

{"errors":[{"title":"State verification failed","detail":"State not valid, missing request forgery protection","code":"STATE-1","status":"401"}],"traceId":"0000000000000000d76f14ccd4e57ff9"}

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Vicky_Z
Support
Support

@gfane  The download site works for me. This error shows your account has some issue. You may reach out to 

Qlik customer support team via live chat to sort it out  or  get a direct download link for Qlik Sense Desktop installer

gfane
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Vicky...its a bit crummy getting these errors right off that bat with the download. I'm guessing there is some issue with the new profile creation and maybe something to do with 

State not valid

Perhaps not everyone lives in the US...that's often an issue with State fields on web forms...anyhow all good, but thanks you. 

gfane
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok first off its seriously not a smart move to make it a pain to access a direct download page to a free client!. How on earth are you going to compete with other free Desktop visualization tools 🙂 Yes sell the service, at a premium, but the client tool, the model to print money is provide that for free...right 🙂 Don't make people provision a service endpoint in order to play with the software.

Anyway solved my issue following this excellent post https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-download-Qlik-Sense-Desktop/ta-p/1729...