Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_DS
Partner - Contributor III

Non-matching values

Greetings!

I have two data sources (tables A and B) that both use two concatenated fields as serial numbers.

All of the serial numbers in Table A are scheduled to flow into  Table B in an ongoing process. My task is to be able to show which serial numbers from Table A are not yet available in Table B.

How can I instruct Qlik Sense to show this information using a chart expression? I have attempted this using the if match statement below, but it is showing an error message:

if(match(FieldName1) and match(FieldName2), 'True', 'False')

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

You need to take FieldA in dimension and then use below expression

=concat({<FieldA-={"=Count({<FieldA=p(FieldB)>}FieldA)"}>}FieldA)

Where FieldA is field from table A and FieldB is field from Table B which you want to compare

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

try

if(exists(FieldName1,FieldName2), 'True', 'False')

Susan_DS
Author

Hi, Kush, thanks for your feedback. I tried that in my chart expression and unfortunately, "exists" can only be used in a Load script; it throws an error in a chart.

Is there a way to do this using a chart expression?

Thanks!

Kushal_Chawda

are the both table connected? What exactly you want to display and in which chart?

Susan_DS
Author

I'm pulling data from both sources, and would like to display a list of the values in Table A that do not appear in Table B. 

Since the list may range from 5 to 500 values, I would like to display it in a table chart.

Thanks!

Kushal_Chawda

try this

=concat({<FieldA-={"=Count({<FieldA=p(FieldB)>}TableA)"}>}FieldA)
Susan_DS
Author

Hi, Kush, I've tried this expression as a measure in a table chart and Qlik is showing an error message: "error in set modifier expression."

Any suggestions on how to fix? 

Kushal_Chawda

You can ignore. It should work

Kushal_Chawda

You need to take FieldA in dimension and then use below expression

=concat({<FieldA-={"=Count({<FieldA=p(FieldB)>}FieldA)"}>}FieldA)

Where FieldA is field from table A and FieldB is field from Table B which you want to compare

Susan_DS
Author

Thanks, Kush! I used your approach on a mocked-up data set to verify that this method works. It turns out the reason it wasn't working in the app originally was due to a column being renamed elsewhere in the script. Now that I have resolved that issue, your solution works.

Thank you for your help!