Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaEKinch
Partner - Contributor III

Number of months between latest data date and the beginning of the year

Hi!

I want to divide a sum by the number of months of data that I have in the model.

So in September I have data in my model for Jan-August 2020 so I want to divide a sum by 8.

=Sum({<[DataType]={'Actual'}, YTDFlag={1}>}[Price (SEK)])/Count( distinct [User Id - User])/8

In October, the september data comes in, so then I want to divide my sum by 9.

=Sum({<[DataType]={'Actual'}, YTDFlag={1}>}[Price (SEK)])/Count( distinct [User Id - User])/9

How can I make an automatic calculation the number of months of data that I have in my model?

I am grateful firstly for help with the automation of months and if possible also help with the formula....as I am new maybe I have made a mistake in my formula as well 🙂 (although it seems to work).

Thanks,

Anna.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnnaEKinch
Author

Thanks so much Anil_Babu_Samineni, I worked out that I could use GetSelectedCount for "Period" and if I have nothing selected then I used Max([Month]). Thanks anyway 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be

Count({<DateField={">=$(=YearStart(Max(DateField)))<=$(=Max(DateField))"}>} TOTAL MonthField)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
AnnaEKinch
Author

Thanks so much Anil_Babu_Samineni, I worked out that I could use GetSelectedCount for "Period" and if I have nothing selected then I used Max([Month]). Thanks anyway 🙂